Thanks for voting
Here's some more information about the St Albans Food and Drink Festival - 20 June to 5 July 2009
This summer brings the second annual St Albans Food and Drink
Festival, as part of the wider St Albans Festival. Residents and
visitors can enjoy a fortnight of events, offers and competitions.
- Medieval Tour and Dinner where you can enjoy a tour of the monastic aspects of St Albans Cathedral and Abbey Church followed by a two course dinner with coffee in the Cafe at the Abbey. Wed 24 June, tours start at 6pm, dinner at 7.30pm. £25 per person. Booking essential on 01727 890221.
- Harpenden Beer and Cider Festival with up to 60 real ales, ciders, perries and foreign beers. Fri 26 and Sat 27 June from 11am to 10.30pm at Harpenden Public Halls. Admission £3 (free to CAMRA members).
- The Big Festival Wine Tasting & Artisan Producers Fair giving
you the opportunity to sample wines from all over the world, receive
expert advice and enjoy breads, cakes, cheeses from local producers. Sat 4 and Sun 5 July from 11am-5pm at the Town Hall. £3 for a tasting card.
- Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony at Sopwell House where the winners of the Food and Drink Festival Awards will be announced. Fri 3 July.
- Outdoor Finale Weekend with farmers' markets, chef demonstrations, food sampling, mobile smoothie-bike and live music. Sat 4 and Sun 5 July on St Peters Street and Market Place. Free.
- 50p off any hot drink at Soko Coffee.
Soko's distinctive green and black van can be found at St Albans City
Station every weekday from 6.30 to 10am and at Wheathampstead Farmers
Market every month.
- Free rice and naan bread with main meals at Samoji Indian Restaurant (formerly Sultan Balti).
- 15% off your food bill at Bangkok Lounge Thai Restaurant, Harpenden, Herts.
- Free bottle of wine at Kashu for each table of four dining at lunch times.
- 10% discount at Cinta Garden Restaurant. This offer is not available on Friday and Saturday.
* please note that production of a festival brochure may be required to receive these offers.
For more information, visit www.stalbansfoodanddrinkfestival.com.