Celebrate Valentine's Day 2011 in St Albans
Love it or hate it...
...our annual celebration of romantic love is happening on Monday 14 February and here are some ideas for making the most of it.
Dine in style
Visit our restaurants section for full listings and reviews. Early booking recommended.
Some local entertainment
- Tamara Drewe (15): A young newspaper writer returns to her hometown in the English countryside and awakens feelings in several of the male residents. Intelligent and funny comedy. Maltings Arts Theatre, 10 & 12 Feb at 7.30pm, 17 Feb at 12 noon. Buy tickets.
- The Tourist (12A): Johnny Depp stars as Frank, an American tourist visiting Venice to mend a broken heart who meets the extraordinary Elise (Angelina Jolie). Campus West, Welwyn, Mon 14 Feb at 8pm. Buy tickets.
- Esta B Daley (Soul/Blues/Jazz) at The Peahen from 8 to 10.30pm (free).
- Marlene (Jazz/Blues/Swing) at King William IV pub from 8 to 11.30pm (free)
- Online booking for local cinemas Vue Watford and Odeon Hatfield
A romantic retreat
St Michael's Manor has a special Valentine's Day Romance Package: including cupcakes in your room on arrival, a bottle of champagne, dinner for two and a relaxing breakfast in bed. From £235 to £325, valid 12, 13 and 14 Feb. Rates.
Happy Valentine's Day!