Theatre companies and schools in St Albans
- Breakaway Theatre Company is a local amateur dramatics group always looking for new members
- The Company of Ten is St Albans' main amateur dramatics group with over 400 members based at the Abbey Theatre
For children and young people
- Act Now! Performing Arts (ages 4 to 19) - provides acting, singing and dancing tuition after school and at weekends
- Bigfoot Theatre Company (ages 7 to 11) - promotes theatre arts through its drama academy and summer schools at Trestle
- Best Theatre Arts (ages 4 to 18) - provides training in acting, singing and dancing through termtime classes and holiday schools
- The Company of Teens at the Abbey Theatre (ages 14 to 19) - has workshops and rehearsals as well as occasional visits to other theatres and social events.
- Drama Llamas is a local organisation offering weekly interactive 45 minute sessions for children to learn using story, language, movement and imagination.
- Jigsaw performing Arts are based at Marlborough Science academy and offer a free two week trial to all new budding thespians.
- Living the Dream Performing Arts Company (13 to 19) - run by teenagers, for teenagers who choreograph, direct and perform annual showcases
- Perform (ages 4 to 8) - specialises in drama, dance and singing workshops, holiday courses and schools programmes
- Rare Productions (ages 8 to 18) - aims to create quality youth musical theatre. New members are welcome
- Speaking Works (ages 2 to 18) - Speech and drama workshops inspiring confident communication and presentation skills
- Stagecoach (ages 4 to 16) - offers education in the performing arts, development of confidence, articulation, communication and imagination
- St Albans Youth Music Theatre (ages 10 to 19) - provide acting, singing and dancing training from Set to Apr, culminating in performances during the Easter holidays.
- Theatretrain St Albans (ages 6 to 18) - provides professional training in the performing arts through weekly 3-hour acting, singing and dancing classes tailored to ages 6-9, 9-12 and 13-18.
- Theatrix Performing Arts (ages 5 to 18) - provides tuition in acting techniques, mime, dance, voice training, singing, scriptwriting, production, stage management, mask-making and puppetry.
- Top Hat Stage School (ages 4 to 17) - offers weekend sessions in dance, drama, singing and stagecraft in age-appropriate groups.
- Trestle Young People's Theatre (ages 8 to 13) - operates weekly during term time in two sessions (8-10yrs and 10-13yrs)
- Trestle Youth Company (ages 13 to 18) - runs a term-time weekly session where participants develop theatre skills; working with actors, directors, writers, designers and technicians
- West Herts Youth Music Theatre (ages 8 to 19) - affordable and accessible termtime Music Theatre groups for 8 to 12s and 13 to 19s.
If you would like your theatre company listed here, please get in touch