Collecting information about you
We collect information about App users for three main reasons:
- To ensure you are who you say you are.
- To publicise the service to a wider audience.
- With user consent, to provide news, information and offers via email to individual users.
1. We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means:
- we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information
- we ensure that when we outsource any processes, the service provider has appropriate security measures
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from
allaboutstalbans.com - We will not sell or give your information to any third parties.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
Sharing your information with us and others
When you first access the App, you will be presented with a Facebook permissions page, which will advise you about the Facebook information you will be sharing with the App and other Facebook users. You can then decide whether or not to share your Facebook information by using the App. If you decide not to grant permission you will not be able to use the App.
By granting permission you will be agreeing to share your Facebook user details
(including your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID and any other
information you choose to share according to your Facebook account settings) as
well as the user details of your Facebook friends, and information about your
use of the App.
If you decide not to share information with your Facebook friends about your vote you can make your activity private using the "remove from timeline" facility next to the article on your timeline.
To unsubscribe remove the App by accessing the application settings in your Facebook account settings.
Once you remove the App we no longer have permission to access your Facebook information and your data will be removed from the App. However, your email address will remain on our database along with your
marketing preferences unless you email us to tell us otherwise.
Legal information and how to contact us
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller for The App is
Glint Media, Midway, St Albans, AL3 4BQ -
tel: 0844 678 0135.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding
allaboutstalbans.com's use of personal data please contact the data protection manager on the number above or by