Celebrate New Year's Eve 2012 in St Albans
Where to stay out late and welcome in the new year.
Eat drink and be merry
Restaurants with New Year's Eve menus
- Darcy's: Come dressed to thrill for this year's James Bond themed celebrations. Choose from their a la carte menu. Entrance tickets £26 in advance.
- Lussmanns: enjoy their classic a la carte selection (menu) for no extra cost - an affordable top night out for everyone!
- Bar Meze: enjoy four courses (menu), then dance to music by D.J.RK from 10pm until the early hours for £45.
- The Albany: three courses with canapés, champagne and late bar for £39.50.
- Freddies: Kir Royal, canapés, four courses and dancing for £64.95.
- St Michael's Manor: champagne, canapés, five courses, coffee and petit fours with casino and disco for £125.
- Sopwell House: Choose from a Venetian Masked Ball including Prosecco and Canapes, 4 Course Italian New Years Eve Menu with dancing until 1am. £135 (adults only). Or a Family Caribbean Buffet Party in the Brasserie with dancing in the terrace bar until 1am for £80.
Ardmore House Hotel: Five course meal and music from Kirsta Johnston. Menu.
Visit our restaurants section for full listings and reviews.
Clubs, pubs and bars with live music
- Batchwood Hall: Great Britain Finale with show girls, fire eaters, stilt walkers, live stage acts and casino. From 9pm, £9 advance.
- The Blacksmith's Arms: Huggy Flares 9pm.
- Havana: New Year's Eve Ball - Club classics & dance anthems in the main club and party anthems in the Moroccan lounge. 9pm. £15 advance, more on the door.
- The Horn: The 88 and support will be playing all your favourite Indie/Rock and Roll covers from 9pm until the small hours. Tickets £8 advance.
- The Farmer's Boy: The Zipheads. Masquerade Rock Ball. 8.30pm.
- The Peacock: Steve Mac Disco/Karaoke. 8pm to 2am.
- The Rat's Castle: Beverley Cassidy. From 9.30pm.
- The Slug & Lettuce: Best of British Party. Live DJ, 2-4-1 cocktails, games and giveaways. Free. From 4pm.
- The Snug: Party Time - cocktails & live music. From 8pm. Free entry (advance booking required).
Visit our pubs and bars section for more ideas.
Happy New Year!
Keep up to date by following us on Facebook and Twitter.