Christmas in St Albans 2010
Find that festive feeling
Enjoy special events and shopping opportunities (download the Council's Christmas Guide pdf), find church services, visit Santa and his reindeer, hop on board the Festive Wood Ride and enjoy skating on the new Magical Ice Rink at Willows Farm Village from 24 Nov and join in the Jingle Bell Jog on 12 Dec in aid of Grove House Hospice.
Enjoy seasonal menus and special offers at local independent restaurants in St Albans. Book now for private and corporate parties, and Christmas Day lunches:
- Bar Meze - Christmas meze menu - lunch £19.95, dinner £24.95 for three courses, dessert or coffee. Vegetarian options available. Book a table.
- Cibo Di Vino - Christmas lunch menu £16.95, Christmas dinner party £22.50 or £29.50, Christmas Day menu £70. All menus include a glass of Prosecco, 3 courses, coffee & petit fours. Book a table.
- Darcys - Seasonal set menu - two/three courses £13/£15. Christmas party menu- three courses £29.90. Christmas Day lunch menu- canapés, champagne and three courses £90 (£45 for 5 to 12s, under 5s free).
- Lussmanns Fish & Grill - Christmas menu- £22.95 for three courses and £28.95 for four courses. All menus include a glass of Corney & Barrow sparkling. Book a table.
- Black Lion Inn - Festive menu- three courses, coffee & mince pies £24.95. Christmas Day menu - five courses with champagne, canapes & coffee £95. Book a table.
- The Albany - Christmas party menu- £24.95 for three courses, with canapes, coffee & petit fours. Christmas Day lunch menu- canapés, champagne & three courses £69.95.
- The Lake Restaurant at St Michael's Manor - December lunch- £35/ £40 for 2/3 courses. Christmas Eve dinner - four courses £64. Christmas Day lunch- three courses £130. Boxing Day lunch- four courses £60. Book a table.
- The Peahen - Seasonal menu- two or three courses £14.95 / £19.95, festive buffet £8.95 / £12.95. Over 21s only).
See a show
Sun 5 Dec: A Victorian Christmas - St Albans Chamber Opera provide songs, ensembles and party pieces with afternoon tea. Old Town Hall, 4pm, £16/£14.50/£10. Buy tickets online.
Fri 10 Dec: A Christmas Trifle - Classic Cabaret with another delightful blend of songs and humour. Maltings Arts Theatre, 8pm, £10/£8. Buy tickets online.
10 Dec to 2 Jan: Peter Pan - classic pantomime fun starring Larry Lamb and Katy Ashworth. Alban Arena, various times, £15-£20. Details.
12 Dec: A Christmas Celebration - Join St Albans Choral Society for a thoroughly festive evening of Carols, Christmas music and readings at Marlborough Road Methodist Church. Buy tickets online
16 to 28 Dec: A Christmas Carol - a lively, colourful family production really will get you into the Christmas Spirit. The Abbey Theatre, various times, from £5. Details.
21 to 26 Dec: Robinson Crusoe and The Pirates - new pantomime adventure with great comedy, catchy songs, music and dance and lots of audience participation. Maltings Arts Theatre, various times. £9/£7.50/£30 family ticket. Buy tickets online.
29 Dec to 2 Jan: The Snow Dragon - the story of Billy the Goat and the mysterious Snow Dragon. Story-telling, comedy and songs create a magical, mysterious world for ages 3 and up. Trestle Arts Base, various times, £9/£7/£28 family ticket. Buy tickets online.
11 Dec to 2 Jan: Jack and the Beanstalk - family panto for ages 3 and up with plenty of songs, comedy, fun and audience participation. At The Radlett Centre, various times. Details.
16 to 19 Dec: Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood - fun filled entertainment. Harpenden Public Halls, various times, £11/£9. Details.
25 Nov to 1 Jan: Aladdin - classic family panto. Watford Palace Theatre various times and prices. Details
9 Dec to 1 Jan: Cinderella - music, magic and mayhem at Campus West, Welwyn. Ages 4+, various times, £7 - £15. Book
Details of concerts can also be found in our music section.
Sun 5 Dec: Christingle Service at The Abbey, 3pm
Sat 11 Dec: Family Carol Concert at The Abbey, 3pm. Adults £5, children £1 if seat needed (available on the door), Carol Concert at The Abbey, 7pm. Adults £5, students & disabled £5 (available only on entry).
Sat 18 Dec: Carols on the Hour at The Abbey, 11am to 4pm. Each service lasts 35 to 40 minutes, no tickets required.
See all Christmas services at The Abbey and find details of other church services.
Do some Christmas shopping
- Book Fair in the Old Town Hall from now until 2 Jan (Mon to Sat 9am - 6pm, Sun 10am - 5pm)
- Christmas Market in St Peters Street daily (8am - 4pm) from 18 to 24 Dec - weather permitting