This Sure Start Children's Centre provides information and advice to parents, carers, grandparents and childminders of children aged 0-5 years. Their programme currently includes:
- Childminders Support Network: regular evening meetings and training events.
- Body Confidence: Mondays from 10.30am-noon. An opportunity for mums who have recently given birth to do some gentle exercise where baby is included in the process. Have a coffee, chat and socialise with other mums.
- Young Mum's Body Confidence: Wednesdays from 11.15am-12.45pm. For mums under 21 years of age who have recently had a baby, an opportunity to do some gentle exercise where baby is included in the process and meet other young mums. From January, baby massage sessions will follow at 1pm.
- Baby Massage: Thursdays from 10-11.30am. Baby massage is an enjoyable and fun experience for both baby and parent/carer. It enhances the bond between parent and baby; relieves colic, wind, constipation and teething pain; soothes restless babies and improves baby's sleep. For local parents.
- Breastfeeding Network: a breastfeeding drop-in group open to all breastfeeding and pregnant mums. Fridays 1-2.30pm (term-time only). Baby and toddler toys plus refreshments for a small donation.
- Parenting courses: are regularly held by the Children's Centre.
- Infant First Aid - 2 hour courses with the British Red Cross
- 0-6's parenting courses
Please contact Lorraine or Vicky on 01727 855134 for information on any of the above. Alban Way also runs a Drop-in for children who have special needs, run by Marian Le Blond on Monday mornings at Ashley Church.
Up on Downs: For information on the Up on Downs (Down's Syndrome Support Group) programme for all of
Hertfordshire, including meetings, new parent contact, trips, training
courses and drama club, please contact Sande, [email protected] or see www.upondowns.com