Founded in 1933, this is a state voluntary aided Church of England secondary school with 825 pupils on the outskirts of St Albans. It has a Learning Resources Centre, eight laboratories, specialist rooms for art and design, two dance and drama studios, four computer suites, two food technology rooms, a music suite and lecture theatre. Sports facilities include a 25 metre heated indoor swimming pool, artificial cricket pitch and nets, six hard tennis courts, playing fields, a gymnasium and fitness room. An Ofsted inspection in March 2008 found the school to be satisfactory (grade 3).
View the latest Ofsted Report and School Profile (annual report to parents)